by Donna Young DTM 2023-2024 Alignment Chair
Q: “Who draws the lines for our Toastmaster Area, Division, and District?”
A: Why, the Alignment Committee does!
It’s not done in a backroom with horse trading & bribes, but follows Toastmasters Protocol 7.0 rules based on:
- Geographic proximity to other clubs
- The ability of an Area Director to effectively provide service, without requiring the clubs to change how meetings are conducted to accommodate an Area Director visit
- Club size and strength
- Prospective clubs and expected growth
- The likelihood of eligibility for Distinguished programs
In other words, we can’t stack the deck and put all the big clubs in one area and all the little clubs in another area. We can’t play favorites.
“But suppose the Alignment team gets it wrong?”
That’s where you come in! You have the power to fix it.
- Go look at 2023-2024 Proposed Alignment and provide the committee with feedback using the online form on that page.
- District Council members (District leaders, Division & Area Directors, and Club Presidents and Club VP ED) can vote, ‘YAY’ or ‘NAY’ at the D25 Annual Business Meeting on Thursday May 18th at 6 pm.
YOU HAVE THE POWER! EXERCISE YOUR TOASTMASTERS VOICE!
One more time,
- Go to https://www.d25toastmasters.org/alignment-2023-2024/
- Look at the proposed alignment
- Provide feedback on the form
- Provide your District Council representative with input
- And, if you are a District Council member:
- Register for the Annual Business meeting
- Show up